Phase I ESAs
Phase I ESA reports are prepared in accordance with the ASTM standard E1527-13. This standard complies with the requirements of the EPA’s All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI). Freedom personnel have the experience and qualifications to exceed the “Environmental Professional” requirements of AAI.
Freedom’s approach to Phase I ESA investigations is to do the following:
- Meet the requirements of the relevant standard of practice to avail the client to the various landowner liability protections including Innocent Landowner, Bona Fide Prospective Purchaser and Contiguous Property Owner defenses, and
- Assure through communication with the client that their specific project needs are met
Phase II ESAs
These investigations are tailored to further evaluate the presence or absence of Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) identified during the Phase I ESA process. We focus on identifying issues that may affect the intended future use of sites as determined by the Client.
Relevant issues are brought forward early in the process to provide the Client with information that may be important in negotiating favorable terms on the business side of the deal.
Limited Environmental Due Diligence
Limited due diligence products are tailored to meet the client’s specific needs or internal policies and can involve the following components:
- For lenders and SBA
- Regulatory database review
- ASTM Transaction Screen Process (TSP)
- Records search with risk assessment (RSRA)
- Client-specified scope of work
Site Investigations are intended to delineate the extent and degree of contaminants known or suspected to be present in soils, groundwater, and subsurface vapors. The purpose of these investigations is to develop an adequate understanding of the subsurface conditions to be able to develop remediation plans in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Once a site has been characterized and the media and extent of contamination for remediation have been identified, Freedom can provide all phases of remedial action necessary to complete the site clean up and obtain regulatory case closure. These may include:
- Regulatory liaison
- Conceptual engineering design
- Integrated corrective action plans (ICAPS)
- Voluntary clean-up program applications
- Remedial construction oversight
- Post-construction monitoring
- Project close-out
General Environmental Consulting
Freedom offers general consulting services designed to assure Client’s regulatory compliance. This may include services in these general areas:
- UST/AST services
- Regulatory compliance
- Hazardous waste management